If someone thinks the same way in online and live poker then he will have difficulties. In this article I collect the main differences between online and live poker games pragmatic play.
1. The different blind levels. When you first go to a casino you might be surprised that the smallest game is often $1/$2 blind level or even higher. This means if you play with a lot smaller bankroll you are not ready for a live game yet. However in online games the quality of players is usually a lot tougher on the bottom levels than it is in the live games. In casinos there are many guests who think they just give it a try and they blow away a couple of hundred of dollars. In case you beat the $0.25/$0.50 level in online poker and you have enough money to play, you can sit down comfortably to a $1/$2 live game.
2. Tells. There are different tells in live games and in online poker. In a live game you can observe body language and this can get you a lot of money from beginner players if you do it properly. Many times the physical presence of a player already makes a strong impression of what kind of a player he is. In an online game you have a lot less tells. You can look at how fast they fold, check, bet and raise but without physical presence your observations are pretty limited.
3. Rakeback. This paragraph shows maybe the biggest and most important difference between online poker and live games. Rakeback can be a significant revenue in the long run in online poker. Not only do you not get rakeback in live games but the rake is most of the times more than in online games. While online the maximum amount of rake per hand is $3, in a live game it can be as high as $5 not even mentioning that very often the dealer takes away an amount of money per hand for bad bead jackpot and after winning a pot it is also common to give a tip to the dealer. Altogether an online hand can cost maximum $3 while in a casino it can be as high as $10.
4. The variety of games. If you go into a casino you might have the expectation of playing a large variety of games. The truth is, you probably find No Limit Texas Hold’em tables but the variety of other games is limited and low. Inform yourself before travelling a long way to a casino for a Stud or Omaha game. Such a problem does not exist in online poker.
5. The fun factor. For many players the fun factor is the most important. There are many players who love the game, the atmosphere of a casino, the live tells and talking to other players. In this comparison online poker has no chance and if this factor is important to you, then you have to play in a casino without hesitation.